Stuffing cheese inside a burger isn’t a new-fangled sensation. It’s been around for a while and I’ve done it a bunch of times, but now with this blog thing-a-ma-jig, why not take pictures and share it, right?
The craving for dinner was to combine a bunch of awesomeness into a burger. With that in mind, I went to work on a blue cheese stuffed pesto burger.
As you would expect, the blue cheese is the glue that holds the two patties together to make it a reality.
So let’s do some tasty math…2 patties with blue cheese plus 2 patties without blue cheese equals…
You knew the answer didnt you? 2 big patties with blue cheese in the middle.
I’m proud to announce that the end result was a moist, juicy burger with a great hint of warm blue cheese in each bite and the pesto was a nice touch.
Recipe (makes 2 blue cheese stuffed pesto burgers)
- Approximately 0.5 kg (1 pound) of fresh lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- Danish blue cheese
- Hamburger buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef with the pesto and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 equals patties and sprinkle blue cheese on 2 of them.
- Here’s where the magic happens, place a non-cheese patty on a blue cheese patty and pinch the edges to seal the cheese inside. Pinch it really well, because I thought I had and I was concerned for a while when they were cooking that they would split apart.
- Once placed on the BBQ, grill them for slightly longer than normal since there is really one patty on either side of the cheese.
- Grilling the bun is optional, but I will always take a grilled bun.
- Slice it in half while it’s on a bun so you can delight in the visual before you bite into it.
Oh yea, grab some of that summer corn right now!