I’m not a morning person. I’m grumpy and groggy and my brain usually takes a while to become somewhat functional. Today was different, I had a little pep in my step because I had a dream last night in the form of Nutella and peanut butter filled banana vanilla buttermilk french toast. I dreamt of it being filled so I could get the peanut butter, banana and Nutella all together at once. It’s two pieces turned into one amazing super piece of French Toast. I could see it all happening in my dream, the ingredients, me pouring maple syrup over it, me eating it, me enjoying it, me blogging about it.
Weird thing to dream, huh? Well, not if your Twitter stream was full of Nutella references last night. The Nutella fiends that are culpable are Lora from the Cake Duchess and Sara from CaffeIna. They tweet about a multitude of wonderful things, but Nutella was definitely on the menu last night. So with that, I thank you both, because I had a great breakfast consisting of warm bananas, gooey Nutella and peanut butter with bread soaked in egg with a hint of vanilla.
Nutella and Peanut Butter Filled Banana Vanilla Buttermilk French Toast
- 2 pieces of bread (I used whole wheat, but whatever you have works)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (I just happened to have buttermilk because I want to try making biscuits)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 banana
- Peanut Butter
Directions – I realize most people know how to make French Toast, but thanks for humoring me by reading this.
- Combine egg, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl.
- Spread peanut butter one piece of bread and spread Nutella on the other piece of bread.
- Slice the banana and lay flat on the peanut butter side (by the way – it does not matter what side you lay the bananas on).
- Make a sandwich by placing the other piece of bread on top of the bananas.
- Give it a good push, making sure the bananas are getting a good hug from both the peanut butter and Nutella.
- Place it in the egg mixture and make sure both sides and all the edges are covered.
- Add the butter to a pan and turn to medium-high.
- Once the pan is hot, lay it down and let it cook.
- I had to cheat a bit by sneaking a peek to know when to flip it, but when it’s got a crisp to it, it’s time.
- Flip it and cook the other side.
- Cut it in half or not and enjoy!
- Happy Nutella dreams to you tonight.