We haven’t met and we’ll likely never meet, but that doesn’t stop me from wondering what it would be like.
For me, it always begins with a beautiful smile and I envision you having just that. In fact, I’m smiling right now at the thought of your smile.
Like me, you adore Nutella, that’s got to count for something, right?
I wonder how we’d manage in the kitchen together. I know I’d want to cook for you and I know you’d feel the same way. I guess it would depend on the size of the kitchen. Maybe one is responsible for wine and music while the other is busy cooking away. Or maybe we’re both in the kitchen regardless of its size because it would be fun to find reasons to reach around you and breath in your apple honey shampoo scent.
As much as we share a love of food, we also enjoy fresh air and exercise to burn off all those butter and deep-fried calories. Sure, I like seeing a girl get all dressed up for a fancy night out, but what I enjoy even more is seeing that same girl let her hair down, throw on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts (or capris) and toss a football or frisbee around. Maybe we’ll have a little picnic. Maybe brownies will be our dessert. Maybe the brownies will be made of Nutella and avocado.
Just like us, we’re unique and special in our own way and when we’re united, we become an even better unique, the crazy and awesome kind. Nutella and avocado are both delicious on their own, so why not together? The first bite is definitely Nutella and the lingering taste is absolutely no doubt avocado.
It really works. Believe it.
Nutella Avocado Brownies
- 1/4 cup of butter – room temperature
- 1/2 of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe mashed avocados
- 1/3 cup of Nutella
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9×9 baking pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar well.
- Add the egg, avocados, Nutella and beat together.
- Sift and add the flour, baking powder, salt and beat again.
- Mix in the almonds and vanilla and stir together.
- Pour into the pan and bake for about 25 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out with just a little batter on it.
- Cool for about 15 minutes and cut into squares.
- Enjoy the magic of Nutella and avocado.